A GOOD DAY

Well, the basket weave was a bust…
100_1175
I definately had the cart in front of the horse on this one. After spending 3 hours cutting and weaving paper, I discovered I had cut a major corner. You see, my thought was to weave it and then paste it down. The weave was super cool, but the idea wasn’t. 😦
100_1174
After spending all that precious time weaving, I couldn’t keep it together neatly with the sticky plywood, thus, I had failed. But keeping Eistien in mind…I had learned how not to do it!!! But still I felt very defeated, so with that my husband came to the rescue. 🙂
You see, I have been vehicleless for a month because my youngest son was in dire straights. His car was in need of major repair, and with a new baby, it was going to have to wait. So, da ta da, Mom to the rescue, I lended him my wheels leaving me stranded.
Well….I am happy to say my wheels have returned home!!!
Now, realizing I was definiately suffering from severe cabin fever, my hubby insisted I get out of the house! He gave me $35 and said go get out of the house!
So, what does a silly girl like me do with $35? Thrift shopping!!! What could be better than spending a few hours sifting through someone elses throw-aways, I ask you? Nothing!
My hunt was for old shelves to imbellish that neat pallet organizer that is on my horizon, but sadly there were none to be found. Still, the outing wasn’t a bust. I spent my money wisely…
100_1182
After talling up my booty, I found: a center support hinge, an old clock with working element, coasters (needed badly), a replica copy of the Declaration of Independance, a ugly old paint by numbers pic with a wonderful wood frame, and material—flannel, christmas print, & upholstry! OH THE GLORY!! But wait, in my travel to pick up some cheap shower hooks at Dollar General, I happened upon two perfect bath pictures, and they were buy one get one half off!!! This was a good day!
100_1184
Now, I returned to the homestead full of anticipation for the projects I would begin. My first order of business was to apply a second coat of poly to the floor…
100_1181
Looks good.
Then this wonderful clock needed to be turned into…
100_1176
my version of that wonderful button clock I had seen on Pintrest…
c6c4d09c588019f1f9e40132a26c26b9[1]
Thank you, Martha Stewart! http://www.marthastewart.com/267620/button-crafts
The process was quite simple, unless your me…impatient, I hurried it along without my glue gun (It’s buried in my mess of construction) so, I used Gorilla Glue. FYI, read the directions on the bottle, the glue expands. It turned out alright. As you can see, I changed my mind on the clock pic and used my spools of thread fabric. It just so happend to be on top of a pile of fabric and caught my eye. Since the fuseable interface and iron were close at hand and it seemed more appropriate, I used it.
100_1178100_1186
The final touch was to paint the clock hands white. I love it!!!
Until later…thanks for visiting,
Susie

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s